Multiple published studies show that needle-free improves vaccine effectiveness
GOLDEN, Colo. — September 27, 2022 — PharmaJet®, a company who has developed and commercialized a needle-free platform to more effectively administer drugs and biologics, today announced that their latest research results will be presented at five upcoming conferences in October:
|Vaccines Summit||Oct 11-13||Washington, DC||Paul LaBarre |
VP Global Business Development
|World Vaccine Congress Europe||Oct 11-14||Barcelona, Spain||Erin Spiegel, Ph.D. |
VP Clinical and Regulatory Affairs
|DCVMN Annual General Meeting||Oct 20-22||Pune, India||Ozge Goktekin |
Managing Director, Europe, Asia
|National American Association for Laboratory Animal Science (AALAS) Meeting||Oct 23-27||Louisville, KY||Carmen Ledesma-Feliciano, DVM, Ph.D. |
Clinical Device Specialist
|Partnership Opportunities in Drug Delivery (PODD)||Oct 24-25||Boston, Mass||Darin Zehrung |
Chief Business Development Officer
- DNA – Needle-free can deliver superior gene expression over electroporation and superior antibody and T-cell immune responses over needle and syringe (N/S).
- mRNA – Needle-free has shown to be an effective delivery method across multiple mRNA platforms (e.g., lipid nanoparticles, protamines, and self-amplifying nucleic acid) compared to N/S.
- Intradermal – Needle-free delivered vaccines can induce strong immune response comparable to intramuscular and subcutaneous injection with a fraction of the dose.
The presentations may also include data from collaborations including those with:
- Zydus Lifesciences: Researchers conducted a non-human primate study on their Plasmid DNA-based Covid-19 vaccine and saw higher antibody responses with the Tropis® ID System as compared to N/S as well as better protection from challenge with the virus.1 Subsequently, Zydus conducted a large trial for their COVID-19 vaccine using Tropis to immunize over 28,000 healthy adult volunteers in over 50 sites. The overall efficacy of the vaccine was 66.6%, while it was 100% effective against severe and moderate COVID-19 cases which puts it on par with commercialized peer-group vaccines tested in the same period.2
- Gennova: The binding antibody and T cell responses of a COVID-19 self-amplifying mRNA vaccine were evaluated in a guinea pig pre-clinical model using multiple doses, and intramuscular (IM) and intradermal (ID) delivery with the PharmaJet Tropis ® System and N/S.3 The low dose Tropis group produced significantly increased B and T cell responses compared to a higher dose IM N/S vaccination.
“There are currently 18 partner publications that show equivalent or better immunogenicity when using the PharmaJet NFIS compared with either electroporation or traditional needle and syringe,” said Chris Cappello, President and Chief Executive Officer, PharmaJet, Inc. “We continue to grow our pipeline with over 80 studies currently in progress and there are now a broad variety of pharmaceutical products that can be delivered needle-free including nucleic acid-based, inactivated, subunit, live attenuated and viral vector vaccines.”
For more information about PharmaJet visit www.pharmajet.com.
Refer to Instructions for Use to ensure safe injections and to review risks.
1 Momin, et al 2021, Safety and Immunogenicity of a DNA SARS-CoV-2 vaccine (ZyCoV-D): Results of an open-label, non-randomized phase I part of phase I/II clinical study by intradermal route in healthy subjects in India
2 Khobragade et al, 2022 Efficacy, safety, and immunogenicity of the DNA SARS-CoV-2 vaccine (ZyCoV-D): the interim efficacy results of a phase 3,randomised, double-blind, placebo-controlled study in India
PharmaJet’s mission is to enable greater access to life improving pharmaceuticals. We are committed to helping our partners realize their research and commercialization goals while making an impact on public health. PharmaJet Needle-free Systems provide increased vaccine effectiveness, a preferred patient and caregiver experience, and a proven path to commercialization. They are also safe, fast, and easy-to-use. The Stratis® System has U.S. FDA 510(k) marketing clearance, CE Mark, and WHO PQS certification to deliver medications and vaccines either intramuscularly or subcutaneously. The Tropis® System has CE Mark and WHO PQS certification for intradermal injections. For more information visit www.pharmajet.com. Follow us on LinkedIn.