On October 9, 2014, PharmaJet participated in a major university’s on-campus Flu Shot Day at the Health Sciences Center to help protect students and staff against the influenza virus.
At the event, patients were offered the option to receive their flu vaccination by either the PharmaJet Needle-Free Injector or the traditional needle and syringe method. Five hundred patients chose the PharmaJet Needle-Free flu shot during the six-hour event. Of those patients, 399 agreed to take a quick seven-question survey on their experience.
Of those who took the survey:
- 63% were women; 37% were men
- 47% were 18-29; 28% were 30-49; 23% were 50-64
- 78% received a flu shot last season; 20% did not receive a flu shot last season
- 27% choose the PharmaJet Needle-Free flu shot because they don’t like needles
The surveys revealed that most patients were satisfied with their PharmaJet Needle-Free flu shot experience and were likely to choose the option again. Specifically:
- 96% were satisfied
- 92% preferred the PharmaJet Needle-Free flu shot
92% would recommend a PharmaJet Needle-Free flu shot to family and friends